How is China Sourcing Academy different from other online courses?
Today, you have basically three types of online training programs available, if you want learn how to buy and import from China:
Type One: Free tutorials about China sourcing on YouTube
Most of these videos are designed to steer the viewer towards doing business with a certain factory, sourcing agency or a consultant. In the process they may offer some valuable pieces of information, but they are far from comprehensive in nature! Some are better than others, but none of them are really going deep enough into the subject!
Type Two: “Learn how to import” or “Get rich quick buying from China” Seminars
These fast-talking pitchmen target small and/or inexperienced buyers, offering to share “secrets” of the import/export business. They even claim to know what products are "hot" and “guaranteed” to make you easy money. “It’s so easy, you don’t even need to visit the Chinese factories” they say...
If you do a bit of research on these programs, you will find a lot of disappointed graduates. If you look a bit deeper, you may find that some of these “China Sourcing Experts” who teach the seminar, actually failed in their own sourcing ventures, before deciding to become an educator! They also mask the true cost of their courses by having their students purchase one topic/module at a time.
Type Three: The China Sourcing Academy!
Our China Sourcing online courses a more sophisticated audience fitting the following profile:
- Professional business people who know their product and sales channels back home but wish to learn about China sourcing from presenters who are based in China and have a proven track record of success.
- Desire a China-direct (ideally factory-direct) relationship with sellers and not afraid to travel overseas in the interest of building better business.
- Plan to place medium to large sized orders.
- Have customers who are serious about price, quality, lead time and/or the protection of Intellectual Property.
- Business owners and HR managers who wish to use outsource training and validation that staff have achieved a certain level of China business understanding.
Therefore, if you are importing, or thinking about importing products from China, and would like to learn the best practices and avoid common pitfalls... this online course is for you!
China Sourcing Course Details
Advanced Course for Sourcing Professionals
- Module 6 Inside the Mind of the Supplier - Advanced Strategies
- - Video 24 - The Supplier Model - Supplier Strategies
- - Video 25 - The Supplier Model - Supplier Competitive Market Framework
- - Video 26 - The Supplier Model - Supplier Challenges
- - Video 27 - The Supplier Challenge Infographic
- - Video 28 - Overview of Buyer and Supplier
- Module 7 Best Practices of Successful Buyers
- - Video 29 - How Do Large Buyers Manage Their Suppliers in China? - Strategic Location
- - Video 30 - How Do Large Buyers Manage Their Suppliers in China? - Performance Measurement and Cost Control
- - Video 31 - How Apple Manages Its Suppliers in China - Masterclass Part 1
- - Video 32 - How Apple Manages Its Suppliers in China - Masterclass Part 2
- - Video 33 - How Apple Manages Its Suppliers in China - Masterclass Part 3
- - Video 34 - How Apple Manages Its Suppliers in China - Masterclass Part 4
- - Video 35 - How Apple Manages Its Suppliers in China - Masterclass Part 5
- Module 8 Dealing with Problems
- - Video 36 - What to do when things go wrong; Mike's experiences and lessons
- - Video 37 - What to do when things go wrong: Neale's experiences and lessons
- Written Transcript: All Modules!
- Over 460 pages of material
- Audio Transcript: All Modules!
- More than 16 hours of content in downloadable MP3 format
- Interactive Assessment & Feedback:
- All Modules 280 Multiple Choice Questions Supported by 100+ pages for the answers explained in detail. An excellent tool to confirm you, or your employees, are ready to take on the China sourcing challenge.
- Certificate of Completion - China Sourcing
- Issued by the China Sourcing Academy and signed by your instructors
- Complimentary invitation to attend networking functions hosted by CSA instructors. Usually taking place in Hong Kong during the trade show seasons of April and October each year.
- Updates and revisions to the courses provided periodically on an as-needed basis.
"Mike, Thank you very much for your willingness to help, and for all the wonderful suggestions and recommendations you made in response to my recent question to CSIS regarding doing buisness with China"
"I've been following Mike's work at CSIC for a while and he's certainly the most experienced professional I've ever met when it comes to Sourcing in China."
"I participated - actively - in a lecture by Michael on sourcing from China and I believe he could be invaluable in interfacing an Occidental customer with a Chinese supplier."
"I really enjoyed your presentation on China Sourcing, and was impressed at how at ease you were talking about the details of the ins and outs of doing business in China."
"Thanks to his knowledge about Chinese business, I strongly believe that working for or with Mike makes things faster and easier."
"China Sourcing Academy has been an invaluable source of information, especially if you are just starting out. Michael has been really helpful and certainly knows what he is talking about. Highly recommended. Thanks again."